Saturday, June 15, 2013

AA Readathon Weekly Update: Week 2

An eBook Week

This was a great week for me. I recently got an ereader so I read a lot of books on my Kindle. I read 1  physical book, and 3 ebooks. All of the ebooks I read were pretty short, and that's probably why I was able to complete (at least for me) a lot of books this week.

Out of the 4 books, 2 of them were novellas. If you don't know what a novella is, it's basically a short little book (one of mine was 18 pages and the other was 40 pages) that sometimes goes a long with a normal book. If it goes along with another book, it's usually in another character's perspective.

So the first novella I read was The Queen's Army By Marissa Meyer. This story goes along with The Luner Chronicles, the fantastic sci-fi fairy tale retelling series that Meyer created. The novella follows Wolf, a character from the second book, Scarlet. On Goodreads it says that this is The Luner Chronicles 1.5 so I guess that technically makes it a prequel to Scarlet even though I read it after I had completed Scarlet.

The second novella I read was 6 Days Earlier By David Levithan. This book is another prequel to a regular sized book, Every Day. Every Day has a very interesting premise and is about a boy boy named "A" who every day wakes up in another person's body and spend a day living their life. 6 Day's Earlier is just about 6 other days that A spent in different bodies.

I also read Lola and The Boy Next Door (review to come), the companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, and An Angel's Kiss which was an 80 page Doctor Who novel. You can click here to see my mini review of it.

Now  I'm currently reading The Book Thief with missbookreader but we're only reading 3 chapters a day (even though I'm behind 0___o) so I may start Eleanor and Park which I just received in the mail today.

I hope everyone has had a good reading week as well!

Piper 

No comments:

Post a Comment