Friday, May 31, 2013

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag!

Here it is, my first tag on my blog! This tag was created by The Library Of Sarah and I was tagged by Kat from Katytastic who tagged anyone who wanted to do this tag. This tag is usually done on Youtube, but obviously, I'll be doing this on my blog.
I was originally gonna take a picture of each book I picked but I don't have enough memory space on my camera :(

Basically, you just find different types of books on your shelf and try to SURVIVE.

Here's a picture you can see on Instagram of my bookshelf I took a couple weeks ago. This is generally what it looks like now: http://instagram.com/p/Y-ei2gRu6G/ Sorry, for some reason I couldn't get  the actual picture on here so a link will have to do.


1. Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it.

For the one I'm choosing  EVERYONE has used it for this question.

 



2. Find a classic
This should be easy...

A Little Princess is my absolute FAVORITE classic but not a lot of people seem to know about it in the book world. So let's change that. Go read it... NOW!

3. Find A Book With A Key On It
Okay, I know you can't see it, but I swear to you that inside the dust jacket where the description is there is a picture of a hand holding a key. Does that count?




















 4. Find Something On Your Bookshelf That's Not A Book!
You can see it in the picture of my bookcase, there's a little stuffed animal that's holding a heart. I named her Mallery and my mom got me her for Valentine's Day. Again, sorry I can't show those pictures on the post.

5. Find The Oldest Book On Your Shelf
I tracked down the exact edition I had on Google Images. This was my mother's childhood poem book and it was published in 1957!! This book is 56 years old!!!




















6. Find A Book With A Girl On The Cover

How about Hex Hall? A book I actually just finished!







7. Find A Book With A Male Protagonist
One of my favorite books with a male protagonist. Not just that, it's really just one of my favorite books in general. Percy is such a wonderful character. So funny, strong, and independant. He's also in my grade in the first book in this series. I love this kid. They did such a crap job with the movie.





8. Find A Book With Only Words On It
I'm not gonna lie, this book was NOT easy to find. The closest I could find on my shelf was this book.




Yes, I know it does have some pictures on it but it's generally just a purple book.

9.Find A Book With Illustrations In It
  This book is not exactly a story. It's a girl writing a letter to her ex-boyfriend about why they broke up. In her package, she put all the things he ever gave her and all the the physical things that were in their relationship. For each item, there is a story that she tells aboutt it and the item is beautifully illustrated at the beginning of the chapter.

                                 

10. Find A Book With Gold Lettering On It
Okay, well I hate to go all cliche here but this is pretty much the only book I have with gold lettering besides The Doll People which I already showed.




















  11.Find A Diary (true or fictional)
Well, I searched and searched my bookcase and I couldn't seem to find anything. But then I realized... it was so obvious, right in plain sight, how could I have not seen it? I mean for god sakes it even has the word diary in it!




12. Find A Book Written By Someone With A Common Last Name (like Smith)

Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I think Oliver is a pretty common last name.

 

13. Find A Book With A Close Up Of Something On It
A close up of a tack. I love this cover just because it goes so well with what the book is really about.




14. Find A Book On Your Shelf That Takes Place In The Earliest Time Period
I believe this book takes place in the early 1800's. I could have also replaced this book with one of the 5 other Jane Austen books I own.



Just like the poem book, the exact edition I have.

15. Find A Hardcover Without A Jacket
My copy obviously doesn't look like this, but yeah, that's the book. My neighbor actually gave me this book without the jacket so it's not like I misplaced it or anything.




16. Find A Teal/Turquoise Colored Book
 I have no idea if this is an actual shade you would consider teal or turquoise but this is the closest thing I have to a blueish green colored book.



Just noticed that this is kinda a bad picture and the book appears almost a little grayish.

17. Find A Book With Stars On It
This book is all about stars!
Also, what a beautiful book. This is one of my favorite book covers of all time.




18. Find A Non-YA Book
Darn you cheap movie cover book I got!

warm bodies

______________________________________________________________________________

That's it! I tag my colleague in the A.A. Readathon Abby over at missbookreader  and anyone else who would like to do this tag. POOF! You are tagged!

Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment